February 18, 2010

New Laptop - Happy!

I just ordered a new laptop!!!

Because several desktops and one laptop, it simply not enough.

Well, it's not!

I need a laptop for Uni, and 'The Beast' is not up for the task. It's
18 inches of heavy, no battery-life-ness. While awesome, it's much
better for watching movies in bed on.

New lappy, (dubbed 'Mini-beast') Will be small, light, and have a long
battery life. Perfect for taking notes in lectures, or doing
'homework' at the Uni bar. Also, for travel. I took the Beast around
both NZ and Japan, it wasn't fun. I need a laptop for lectures,
because I'm not really very good at taking notes on paper. In
addition to losing them, I can't really write very well anymore (sad
but true). I can type however, very fast.

Stats, for the geek minded:

Processor Intel® Atom™ N450 1.66G processor - 32nm
Display 10.1" WSVGA 1024X600 LCD Screen
Graphics Up to 256MB Intel 950 Graphics
NB Memory 2GB (1 x 2GB) 667MHz DDR2 RAM
2.5" Hard Drive 320GB 5,400RPM Serial-ATA Hard Drive
HD Partition Single Partition
Integrated Options 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
Integrated Options 1.3M Pixel Build in Camera free
USB Optical Drive None
Operating System Options Ubuntu Linux OS Pre-loaded.

All for under $500!

I had my eye on a cute Toshiba that was $800, and less powerful than
this. Glad I decided to suss out generic custom built options.

The Beast will also need a bit of an upgrade, but new RAM and a hard
drive for that shouldn't set me back too much. The main computer...
well, I'm looking at quite a few hundred there, but I'm not going to
think about that just yet! I think I'll work on that on a 'need to'
basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment