February 6, 2010

2009 - a little late

1. Where were you when 2009 began? I have no idea... What did I do for new years?  Oh yeah, I was on a tram, heading to the Rochester, to meet Darren.

2. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Hmmm...god I can only think of bad stuff  I don't want to post.  I'll come back.  I went off the big kickers in the terrain park this year.

 3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I wanted to get fit, and although I didn't really do that once daylight savings ended, I am still running, swimming and riding my bike now, so I guess that's success.

 4. Go to any concerts this year? Heaps. The best was...Crettins Puddle reunion show!  And Propagandi, was that 2009?

5. Were you looking for a new job in 2009? I was unemployed for the first few months of it, until Officeworks gave me a job, then Hotham Ski Company.

6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2009? Yes... yes I did.  My intake may have been down a little from previous years. Actually no I'm just trying to fool myself, it was probably worse.  I"m trying to cut back.

7. Did you go on any vacations? I did some camping at the start of the year, Great Ocean Road and the Grampians.  I went to NZ for 5 weeks, so glad I did!  I spent five days in Bawley Point, that was nice also.  My life is like one big holiday though, living at Mt Hotham all winter.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Um, I got a job?  Ooh! I learned how to go off the big kickers in the terrain park!!!  Yep, that was my biggest achievement.

9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2009 and change something, what would it be? I regret nothing!  Well, maybe I would have tried not to break that window, it cost me a hundred bucks to replace.

 10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had tonsilitis really bad at the start of the year, I was sicker than I had been since I had glandular in high school.  Then at the start of winter I got tracheitis.  I had several cold like things throughout the ski season, I hurt my shoulder snowboarding and had to be a lefty for a week, I had my shin slashed open snowboarding, but didn't get stitches cause I didn't want to pay $60.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New snowboard!  Just made it that year, I got it new years eve day.  Also, Xbox 30, finally!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? No one comes to mind...

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I dunno, every guy that never wanted to come back for seconds?  Well, the one or two I actually liked.

14. Where did most of your money go? Booze.  Without a doubt.  And rent, I suppose.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Working at Hotham!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? I gotta feeling... must have heard it every night in winter.  That beats Flowrider, who will forever remind me of 2008.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Much happier.  I bet my LJ is full of depression from this time last year. *checking* actually it's not too bad, but I mention being unhappy about being unemployed.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Snowboarding instead of being hungover.  Working, at the start of the year, it's been a very bad year money wise.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Drinking? Maybe.

20. How did you spend Christmas? In 09? With the family, and my Japanese friend Hagi came too!

Seems to be no 21.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009? Several times.  Though Sami tells me that's lust, not love.  I'm not sure if he's right or not.

23. What was the biggest change for you in 2009? I had to get used to living in Australia again, it takes time to adjust back.

24. What were your favorite TV programmes? Still love Ugly Betty, Chuck was a fave, and True Blood! I got half of Hotham into True Blood.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Haha, no I think it's the opposite.

26. What was the best book you read in 09? I guess The Hundred Secret Senses, it was good, but not amazing. Better than everything else I read probably, inc Twilight.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Innerpartysystem!!!!!  I still play the album all the time a year later.

28. What did you want and get? A new snowboard.  Wow, one track mind.

29. What did you want and not get? A new ski jacket.  Will wait until next season.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Watchmen

31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29 and had some friends gather at the Comfortable Chain for drinks.  I got really drunk, but hey, birthday!

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  My last night in National Park, every night.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?  I'm sort of trying to move away from dressing like a depressed Japanese teenager and more like a modern woman, I'm sort of getting there.

34. What kept you sane? Snow, music, friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I liked Robert Downy Jr in Iron Man, but that may have been the year before??

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.  Fiona Apple's 'Get Him Back' comes to mind.  Ooh!  The first line from My Delerium.  Hello.

37. Who did you miss?  I always miss lots of people. I miss Kirstin in America, I miss seeing Darren when I am at Hotham, I miss Sami in NZ making me laugh, I miss Kristi being here. I miss having Luke to wake up to. Occasionally. I miss places too.  I miss National Park, I miss Yonago, I miss Osaka, I miss Tokyo.

38. Who was the best new person you met? I met lots of cool people.  I guess I have to put Shannon as 'best' cause I see her a lot and the other best people all live elsewhere.  Vi and Ania can tie for second.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.  There's nothing to lose by taking a chance.

40. What are your plans for 2010? Uni!  Move to city!  Make friends and go out and have a proper adult life (Ie. not living with parents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment