February 16, 2010

Morbid?

Dad called just then and said my Aunty's funeral will be on Friday.
I'm happy (about the date), that is convenient for me, cause it'll be easier to drive
to the airport from Bendigo than from work in peak hour traffic. I'm
going to Sydney Friday night.
I said about 10 minutes before we got the call to said she died that I
bet the funeral will be when I am in Sydney and I will have to miss
out. I was wrong by one day, luckily.
Aunty wasn't particularly close to my family or me, but I really like
funerals and seeing the family, so I'm very excited about going. And
I feel like I shouldn't be looking forward to it, but I am. Dad
doesn't even want to go, cause she was a bit of a nasty piece of work.
But Dad always got along great with her kids, and his brother said he
has to go or they will be upset. So he (and maybe Mum) are going for
them. I'm going along for the party. Doubt my brother will make an
appearance.
Should be a nice day for it.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, funerals are the only time everyone gets to see each other (besides weddings) and wakes are usually a little bit of fun!

    Sorry to hear about your aunty though!

    ReplyDelete