February 3, 2010

Give me a B (for blog)

I went to the cheerleading workshop they had at pole dancing on the weekend.

What was obviously clear to me, is that I am still uncomfortable around large groups of women.

My pole class is ok, there are only 5 – 6 of us.

And I have more female friends than ever before, on the mountain over winter, I had about 9 girl friends to hang out with.  Maybe it was different because I knew them all. And we were never in one big group.

I blame studying computer programming and working in video games retail for so many years as to why I am more used to being around guys.  In NZ when we had work training and there were 10 girls vs 2 boys, I stood with them (who were standing together for moral support) because I felt more comfortable there.

For someone who only had their first close group of girlfriends at 26, I guess I still have a ways to go.  It was good making girl friends in Japan, I could talk about stuff with them that you can’t with guys, no matter how good a friend you are.  I liked that.

I joined the Vogue forums so I can talk with other women my age.  Also, to kill time while I’m supposed to be working…

Cheerleading was sort of fun.  I didn’t love it.  I don’t think I have the right personality for it.  It was good to be able to do a class with Anna though, as we go to different studios and I only see her every few weeks.  And it was something different, I’m always up for trying something new.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    Your blog is a great read.
    Nice to meet you today :)

    ReplyDelete